Search Site
Post Conviction Relief

Throughout the State of Louisiana Jack Hoffstadt Assists in Post-Conviction Relief Cases

Lawyers protecting your rights throughout Louisiana

If you are convicted of a crime, there may still be legal help available, including guidance through the post-conviction process. Post-conviction assistance includes help with probation, parole and appeals.

State and federal post-conviction appeals

If you are found guilty of a crime or have pled guilty, you have an opportunity to file an appeal. There are time limits for filing an appeal, so it is best that you seek representation at with Jack Hoffstadt, Attorney at Law as soon as possible after a conviction.

If an error was made during the course of your trial, you may have grounds for an appeal. If you are successful with your appeal, your conviction may be overturned and you will obtain either a new trial or a release.

We have extensive experience with post-conviction criminal appeals. We thoroughly review the court records, looking for mistakes that could lead to a successful appeal.

Probation and Parole

Criminal probation

Criminal probation can normally take the form of deferred-adjudication probation or straight probation. This is an alternative to jail or prison time. Deferred-adjudication probation means that the charges will be dismissed upon the successful completion of your probation. Straight probation means you were found guilty. With either kind of probation, jail or prison time always remains a possibility if you violate your terms and conditions.

Both types of probation may require several court-ordered conditions, and failure to comply with the terms of probation will likely land you in jail. In the event the court demands you appear in court for an alleged violation of the terms or conditions of your probation it is best to consult an experienced lawyer, especially if you have violated your terms of community supervision or probation. Always seek the advice of an attorney before admitting to any violations. You may have defenses and grounds to fight your probation revocation. To discuss your probation issues, call us today.


A prisoner may earn parole or time off for good behavior and other positive signs of rehabilitation. Conversely, you can lose credits for good behavior by committing criminal misconduct and other misconduct.

We assist people with parole, including preparation for parole hearings. We also represent individuals charged with a parole violation. If you violate your parole, then you must hire an attorney to fight for your freedom.

To discuss your parole issue with an experienced  probation and parole attorney, call us today.

If you have a question concerning Probation and/or Parole matters

We utilize our experience and knowledge to fight on your behalf. Call Jack Hoffstadt at either 985-869-8060 or 504-715-6570 or contact us online or at at [email protected] to schedule a free consultation at one of our offices to discuss how we can help you with your probation or parole.

Contact us

Please fill out the form below and one of our attorneys will contact you.

Quick Contact Form

Office Location
  • Mandeville Office
    633 Village Lane North
    Suite 103
    Mandeville, Louisiana 70471
    Phone: 985-789-0876